Check out Grace through Doors Open 2020 at https://youtu.be/q0-RSNFGr24
Grace United is a historic church located within the heritage district of Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. In 1823, the Niagara Methodist Meeting House was built on Gate Street adjoining the Methodist Cemetery.
The current building, designed by William Thomas, was constructed in 1852 for the Presbyterian Church. By 1874, the Presbyterian congregation had left the church and the local Methodist congregation purchased the structure at auction. To accommodate the growing congregation, a Sunday school room was added in 1897.
In 1925, the United Church of Canada was created. This new organization brought together Congregational, Presbyterian and Methodist churches. The Niagara-on-the-Lake congregation became Grace United Church. In 1965, Virgil United Church closed its doors and its members joined the congregation at Grace.
Booklets about the history of Grace United Church and cemetery records can be accessed by calling the church office at 905-468-4044.